When clicking the Activity tab, you are prompted to Sign In.
Info, Notes and Warnings
The Activity tab is available only to DirectFax for Teams versions 2.4.0 and higher.
These instructions will not work unless you they are performed by the user that registered DirectFax to this instance.
Before reading these instructions be sure that the following prerequisites are met:
The registering user for the DirectFax instance having issues.
Access to the Microsoft 365 user tied to the registration.
Click the Activity tab:
Click the Sign In button. A pop-up will appear prompting you to sign in. If you are already signed into a Microsoft 365 user with your browser, the pop-up will appear without the prompt.
Ending Notes and Details
Signing in with a different Microsoft 365 user than the one that was originally used to register this DirectFax instance will cause issues.
Please use the following knowledge article in that event: Registration Issues: Registering/Signing In with the incorrect Microsoft 365 User.
- *Registration Issues: "Need admin approval"
- Maintenance: Prompt to Sign In when using the Activity tab
- Maintenance: Update Registration Prompt when visiting the Activity tab
- Registration Issues: "There is no enrollment information for the specified device."
- Registration Issues: Registering/Signing In with the incorrect Microsoft 365 User